Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi announced on Tuesday that his government has approved a decree aimed at speeding up the reconstruction effort in the areas affected by the earthquake that hit central Italy last August. In a post on his Twitter account, Renzi said that "the decree for the earthquake relief has been approved earlier this morning. I promised that I would not leave you. So we'll do, all together". Renzi later spoke about the reconstruction effort in a visit to the Tod's factory in Tuscany. "It is going to take years to complete the reconstruction, but we'll give everything we have", the prime minister said.